A definitive guide for helping you choose the best from the range of Sevylor Kayaks range
Sevylor kayaks might well be one of the most trusted and reliable brands in the world of kayaking, and the reason why isn’t very hard to understand. From the Sevylor Tahiti to the Sevylor Inflatable Kayak and the Sevylor Fish Hunter 1, the range of options on offer from this brand is hugely varied, catering for nearly every kayaking enthusiast out there.
The problem is that it might not be the easiest thing in the world to determine which kind of Sevylor kayak is best suited for your specific needs and preferences, which is exactly where this Sevylor Kayak Reviews post comes in to save the day.
|Sevylor Adventure||No ratings yet!||$$$|
|Sevylor Riviera 2-Person Kayak||No ratings yet!||$$$|
|Intex Explorer K2 Kayak||$|
|Intex Challenger K1 Kayak||$|
|Intex Challenger K2 Kayak||$|
Things to Consider Before Buying a Sevylor Kayak
Sevylor is one of the most popular inflatable kayak brands out there, simply because they produce kayaks that are durable, reliable, and also won’t break the bank.
If you’re looking for the highest quality tech in a kayak, Sevylor kayaks might not be the most ideal fit for your personal style, but if you’re simply looking for a durable, reliable, and high-performing kayak that doesn’t have to feature extreme bells and whistles, you’re the kind of customer that Sevylor is calling out to!
A Deeper Look at Sevylor Kayaks
Sevylor has been in the business of producing great quality inflatable kayaks for years, and when you consider some of their award-winning products like the Colorado Canoe and the Tahiti Classic; their products all have one thing in common: outstanding quality at a very affordable price.
The Pros of Sevylor Kayaks
- They’re functional and easy to use
- They’re quick to set up and deflate
- They can be used in a wide range of conditions
The Cons of Sevylor Kayaks
- They’re inflatable, which means that they’re prone to wear and tear
- They’re not suitable for whitewater rafting
- They’re not suitable for more than 2 people and might not have ideal carrying capacities for some folks
Sevylor Kayak Reviews
This is where we’ll be discussing some of Sevylor kayaks’ best products, showing you exactly what you can expect from them, and also how they compare to other contenders in their specific marketplace.
The Sevylor Adventure comes packaged as a very attractive deal. It’s one of the brand’s most affordable models, and surprisingly offers good quality and represents great value for money. Sure it’s a little small, but for its size and capabilities, we’re more than happy to recommend this as one of the must-consider options of the inflatable market.
- Can be paddled with kayak and canoe paddles
- It’s affordable yet very functional and durable
- Very easy to set up and deflate again
- Lightweight and easy to transport whether it’s deflated or inflated
- Has ample on-boar storage space for essential gear
- Sports comfortable seats
- It’s a little small for two adults
- It might not be suitable for the more experienced kayaker that’s used to whitewater rafting
Sevylor Riviera 2-Person Kayak
Beginners that are in the market for a great 2-person inflatable kayak might well find what they are looking for in the Sevylor Riviera. This kayak will offer you stability, a very light pack weight, great comfort, and of course a safe ride. The best part about it is that the Riviera allows you to tag a friend along for some watery fun as well!
- Spacious and comfortable
- Has a sturdy build and is very durable
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- Comes with 2 inflatable side chambers for more safety
- Doesn’t come with a skeg
The Sevylor Tahiti is a great 2-person inflatable kayak that might be just what you’ve been looking for all along. This is one of the most affordable Sevylor inflatables on the market, and the reason behind the price tag being so attractive is because it’s essentially a beginner’s kayak. Sure it’s easy to inflate and deflate and stores away compactly within minutes, but it won’t be able to take on rough waters with ease, so if you’re more experienced in kayaking, this might not be your cup of tea.
- Very easy to inflate and deflate
- Very lightweight
- Stores away compactly
- Classed as a beginner’s kayak
- Can’t handle rough waters the way the higher-ranking models can
Alternatives to Sevylor Inflatable Kayaks
While Sevylor is one of the forerunners in the game of inflatable kayaks, they aren’t the end all and be all in the market. Here are 3 of the top competitors for each of the Sevylor kayaks we just mentioned…
1. Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
- While the Explorer K2 is also an inflatable 2-person kayak, it looks a little more appealing than the Sevylor Adventure
- It’s easy to use, very convenient to inflate and deflate, comfortable, and also sports a wide range of safety features, making it a strong competitor in its class.
2. Intex Challenger K1 Kayak
- The Intex Challenger K1 Kayak is best known for its durability and ease of transport.
- It’s great for high-performance scenarios and light kayaking applications.
- Offers some great features and performance enhancers plus it’s priced on point.
3. Intex Challenger K2 Kayak
- For calm water kayaking purposes, the Intex Challenger K2 is a great choice because it offers beginners a great range of useful features at a price that almost seems too good to be true.
- It’s a sit-on-top kayak, which means that it’s much easier to get in and out of the vessel than it would be from the Sevylor Tahiti.
As we discussed at the beginning of this post, it can be very difficult to find a reliable and functional inflatable kayak in a market that seems to be flooded with products all claiming to be the next best thing. We hope that this post has inspired you to take a look at the inflatable options with a new perspective, and that it has pointed you in the right direction for when the time does come to make an informed purchase.
It’s pretty clear to see that the Sevylor is a trusted, reliable, and very affordable option when it comes to inflatable kayaks, and purchasing one of their vessels might well be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make as an avid kayaker!